The Soccer Stop, Inc. is dedicated to outstanding customer service, which consistently exceeds the customer's expectations, and to providing the best products and most knowledgeable staff which results in lasting customer loyalty and trust.
Reasons To Work For The Soccer Stop
* A Commitment to the Game and Our Employees
* Opportunities to Grow with a Successful, Thriving Company
* Work with People Who Love to Play
* Work in a Unique, People- and Sports-oriented Atmosphere
* Competitive Pay
* Employee Incentive Program
* Life Skills Learning Environment
Please visit one of our retail store locations to pick up an Employment Application.
Adobe® Acrobat (PDF) files can be viewed on or downloaded to any computer that is configured to launch Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Acrobat installed on your computer, you may download the appropriate Acrobat Reader application for free by clicking on the Get Acrobat icon below.
Position: Retail Manager
Company: Soccer Stop, Inc.
Industry: Sporting Goods
Soccer Stop, Inc. is a soccer specialty retail company owned and operated in Colorado since 1988. Soccer Stop, Inc. is based out of Centennial, CO and consists of four retail locations around the Denver metro area, as well as online, corporate, and team divisions. The team division provides team uniforms, apparel, and equipment to clubs, high schools, and colleges throughout Colorado and the U.S. Our retail locations deliver exceptional customer service and are proud to provide an extensive and evolving selection of soccer footwear, apparel, equipment, and more. Soccer Stop is Where the Game Begins!
The Retail Manager position will oversee the daily operations of a retail location and retail personnel, while adhering to company policies and procedures and supporting the goals and objectives of Soccer Stop, Inc. This position will report to the Head of Retail.
- Perform personnel management including hiring, training, scheduling, coaching, and disciplinary actions
- Show, promote, and facilitate the sale of soccer specialty products and services
- Address and resolve customer issues using service recovery methods
- Interact with athletes, enthusiasts, families, school personnel, club members and officials from the soccer community
- Have extensive product knowledge and be comfortable relaying this information to staff and customers
- Establish sales goals, control inventory management, and provide weekly/monthly reports and analysis
- Merchandise and display current product and new arrivals
- Monitor and control labor and inventory budgets
- Assist in the development and implementation of retail policies and procedures
- Attend regularly scheduled management meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous supervisory experience, preferred
- Previous customer service, cash handling, and POS experience, preferred
- Previous retail and sales experience, preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and customer service/solutions focused
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers and employees
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary, plus commission. Medical, Dental, and Simple IRA options available after certain length of employment. Time off is earned on a monthly basis and increases based on subsequent years of employment.
Full-time position (four weekdays per week, 10:30am to 7:30pm, and every Saturday, 8:30am to 5:30pm). During certain times, additional hours may be required.
How to Apply:
If you have the experience, passion, and desire to work in a fast paced and exciting environment, please email your Cover Letter and Resume to Peter Scott, Soccer Stop General Manager, at PeterS@soccerstop.com. In email Subject Line, please include Retail Manager Position. Please include Salary Requirement in Cover Letter.